- For Financial Services
- Dev Center
- About NuoDB
- Download CE
- Watch the Demo ❯
You are here
NuoDB Insights Provides Critical Visibility into Distributed Database Performance
New graphical dashboard introduced as part of NuoDB 3.1; empowers users to optimize cloud and container resources
Cambridge, MA – April 9, 2018 – NuoDB, the elastic SQL database company for hybrid cloud applications, today unveiled NuoDB Insights, a graphical dashboard of database and system metrics to help users understand, at-a-glance, the overall health of their distributed database domain. Customers can use this information to make decisions about how to optimize and troubleshoot their NuoDB database, its processes, and its associated resources. Introduced as part of NuoDB 3.1, NuoDB Insights data includes logs, metrics, and other diagnostic information presented in a dedicated and secure website. To learn more about NuoDB Insights, please visit: www.nuodb.com/insights.
Unlike traditional relational databases that struggle to adapt to new cloud and microservices architectures, NuoDB runs natively in both containers and virtual machines, as well as across on-premises, public, or hybrid cloud environments. However, the very flexibility that such a distributed database affords can make it more challenging to understand database system performance and resources usage, especially as the database domain grows and is distributed across multiple environments. With NuoDB Insights, users gain a graphical view into aggregate, system-level data to alleviate this challenge. The graphical dashboard displays critical database and system metrics in a user-friendly design to enable swift action and improved database performance.
Highlighted features of NuoDB Insights include:
- Improved views into database lifecycle events - Track when you’ve started or stopped processes and examine the database domain.
- Greater understanding of system resources and networking usage - Assess CPU, memory, disk, and networking usages.
- Quick insights into database health - Inspect alarms, logs, and the domain state.
- Enhanced database performance monitoring - Analyze response times and load averages.
NuoDB 3.1 features additional, new, important monitoring, operational, and SQL capabilities, including:
- Expanded data protection. Database Administrators now have additional options for protecting data with incremental backup and restore as well as journal snapshots to enable point-time-time restore.
- Modernized, easy to use database administration. Now in open-beta preview, the new NuoAdmin offers a greatly improved user experience and easier database management and API integration for container environments.
- Expanded SQL capabilities. Enriched SQL functionality, including use of aggregate functions inside an OVER clause, a new pseudo table, and outer to inner JOIN conversions.
More information about how to use NuoDB Insights can be found on The New Stack at www.thenewstack.io/distributed-database-performance-health-and-optimization-with-nuodb-insights/. Further details on NuoDB 3.1 can be found at www.nuodb.com/release-notes.
“We continue to enhance our elastic SQL database to support our customers as they move to cloud and microservices-based architectures,” said Dirk Hamstra, SVP of Customer Success, NuoDB. “In particular, in this latest release, NuoDB Insights provides valuable database monitoring capabilities, across a distributed database domain, to empower our customers with critical system metrics. As a result, customers can optimize their environment to ensure they’re using available resources effectively.”
NuoDB Insights is included in both NuoDB 3.1 and NuoDB Community Edition. Learn more about this new monitoring capability and how to enable it with NuoDB 3.1 by visiting www.nuodb.com/insights.
NuoDB’s elastic SQL database for hybrid cloud applications helps customers get applications to market faster and reduce their total cost of ownership. Software vendors and banking institutions rely on NuoDB to obtain the combination of scale-out simplicity, elasticity, and continuous availability that cloud applications require, with the transactional consistency and durability that databases of record demand.
As a result, customers can capitalize on modern technologies such as cloud computing and containerization to ensure their applications are ready for today’s evolving expectations, as well as any future requirements.
NuoDB is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, USA, with offices in Dublin and Belfast. For more information, visit www.nuodb.com.