Documents and Whitepapers
12 Rules For A Cloud Data Management System
A CDMS is a modern superset of an RDBMS designed to meet the needs of modern, 21st century applications and deployment infrastructures. In addition to delivering the full range of RDBMS capabilities, including SQL, ACID transactions, and supporting all of the tools and APIs that come with them, a CDMS must:
- Support modern datacenter hardware and management frameworks,
- Meet peak workload demands,
- Handle structured and unstructured datasets, and
- Support non-SQL paradigms.
In particular, a CDMS must embrace modern dynamic and flexible cloud computing environments.
NuoDB Product Brochure
Welcome To The New Age
The time for variations on existing database themes is over. If databases are going to scale in the cloud, a whole new approach is needed; one unsaddled by ancient assumptions. We have kept the best of 20th century RDBMS. Then we re-wrote the rules to create a completely new Cloud Data Management System for the 21st century. Welcome to the New Age.
YCSB Benchmark Report
NuoDB started with a blank slate to design a brand new Cloud Data Management System and has written the rules for cloud databases. NuoDB features elastic scalability, SQL compliance and guaranteed ACID transactions. Developers no longer have to compromise on transactional consistency or resort to complicated hacks like clustering and sharding to bring your high-performance apps to the cloud.
This paper summarizes NuoDB’s latest YCSB performance results against a single logical NuoDB database distributed across several host machines.
- NuoDB delivered extremely high performance by crossing 1 Million transactions per second on 24 Hosts.
- NuoDB is the most cost efficient elastic cloud database offering in the market, generating 47,368,421 transactions for every $1 in spend.
NuoDB Flexible Deployment
With widespread adoption of cloud computing, the game has changed dramatically. To fully leverage all the flexibility and economies of the cloud, you need a new kind of database. NuoDB has created just what the cloud requires: a brand new Cloud Data Management System (CDMS).
NuoDB is a complete re-think of relational databases. We’ve re-written the rules to define a New Age for relational databases with full SQL and ACID reliability and unique support for the cloud’s asynchronous nature. All in a shared-nothing, distributed architecture that scales elastically; supports your existing SQL expertise and is amazingly simple to use.
Take a deep dive into the core technical concepts of NuoDB's Emergent Architecture. Before NuoDB, relational databases were built on synchronous, centralized client/server architectures that are incompatible with the notion of elastic scalability in the cloud. NuoDB is a Cloud Data Management System (CDMS) with innovative support for the cloud’s dynamic, asynchronous nature. Get the Greenbook to learn more about:
- How NuoDB fits into the universe of cloud data management
- How NuoDB fits into your world
- An overview of the technology advances in NuoDB
- How a query travels through NuoDB to return with data for the application
- More about NuoDB and MVCC, network partitioning and the CAP theorem.
Making the OLTP Database Elastic for the Cloud
"On the Radar" Report by Ovum
Join industry analyst Tony Baer for an "On the Radar" report on NuoDB. The "On the Radar" series highlights up-and-coming vendors that bring innovative ideas, products, or business models to their markets. In this report, you'll read about:
- The catalyst for change in the database industry
- Why you should put NuoDB on your radar
- Ovum's view of NuoDB's unique approach.