- Use Cases
- Dev Center
- Watch the Demo ❯
You are here
Beta 7 Has Landed!
Jun 27 2012
And we’ve taken off with instant download hits.
It seemed like a long wait for those who were anxious to move from Beta 6 to lucky Beta 7, but the hold back was well worth the wait.
In addition to tackling a number of bugs reported by the Beta community, the latest beta release includes several key new features that incorporate developer feedback in key product areas:
- Performance and scalability — Beta 7 now supports up to 50 nodes enabling the database to elastically scale to tens of thousands of transactions per second on Amazon EC2 or local commodity servers.
- Product hardening — Beta 7 provides additional hardening and increased stability.
- SQL — Beta 7 now supports SQL 92 with 99 extensions as well as incorporating several querying and indexing enhancements and enhances SQL Standards compliance to cover a majority of application requirements.
- NuoDB Administrative Console — Functional enhancements to graphical console, which was introduced in Beta 6.
- New language drivers — Incorporates new Ruby, PHP/PDO, and Perl drivers to address growing Web development needs. These drivers were developed by the NuoDB Github community.
If you have been away from NuoDB for a while, this is a good chance to become re-acquainted. Play with the Console. Try a new driver. See if it works with your database tools.
Remember, NuoDB is a new kind of database that is specifically architected to scale effortlessly on the cloud without compromising on any of the features or guarantees of relational databases. The NuoDB database is SQL-compliant, highly resilient, requires minimal database administration, guarantees the integrity of transactions, and scales out and in effortlessly on commodity cloud-based resources to deliver high performance at web-scale with highly efficient and flexible resource utilization.
Unlike every other database, NuoDB is built for the cloud from the ground up on an Emergent Architecture – a shared nothing, asynchronous, peer-to-peer approach that is ideal for the cloud, yet it delivers the power, reliability and functionality of a traditional database.
Still don’t believe us?
Try it out! You won’t be the first to have his or her jaw drop.
Fly free with us. Download Beta 7 today.